Sunday, January 15, 2012

In Debt and It Sucks

I hate being a slave to debt.  The problem is I have always had debt.  My biggest debt right now is my student loans.  I am tackling my credit card debt, one little bite at a time and honestly it's paid off.  Last year at this time I had over $7,000 in credit card debt.  I have decreased that amount considerably with the help of Care One.  I didn't want to use a debt management program but I couldn't manage getting the debt paid on my own because the payments I had made before were just to the interest.  I was never ever paying down any of the principal so I called Care One after reading several blogs and on Twitter about how they help others.

Yes, being in a debt management program will effect my credit negatively but I had already damaged my credit by only paying the minimum.  So I've bit a pretty big chunk and am hoping to get the last credit card paid off by this time next year.  My next step will be tackling the student loan debt.  The balance is enough to buy a fabulous car so my goal is to pay it off so I can start socking that money on to my mortgage.  I have several years before I can retire but when I retire I'd like to have as little bills as possible.  I also want to be able to help my kids when they go to school instead of getting them stuck in student loans the way I had to.
I will track my debts and what I pay off here.  If you want to get help and get out of debt contact Care One today.

No comments:

Post a Comment