Friday, January 27, 2012

Blogging is Therapy

Is it funny that I find this blog almost cathartic and a sort of therapy?  I had vented about my SIL, (who currently  lives with us to help take care of our two year old), about the fact that she pissed me off yesterday.  Honestly, I am so glad I had the opportunity to share my feelings here with no judgement.  I learned that we all have situations that are not ideal and that we can vent about them but we can't let them get us down.  We have to deal with them head on and move on. I realize this is not easy when you are dealing with family but it does not mean you have to lie down and take crap too. I love Chuy and I love my SIL but in order to allow these relationships to stay intact it is up to me to create solutions that help us all.

Here is my plan:
  1. Secure another individual (not related) to assist with daycare
  2. Be prepared to not like what is currently going on but learn to be open and communicate for the sake of our family.
  3. Do not let other people into our relationship or allow them to get into our relationship.
  4. Be appreciativee of SIL's help and support and tell her so.
  5. Include her and solicit her feedback in selecting daycare, she's been responsible for this for sometime she will have some insight we might not.
  6. Enjoy my home and family again.
This is just a plan that will hopefully allow enough emotional maturity to get things resolved and back to good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment