Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Got through surgery

My surgery went well on Monday.  I had to be at the hospital at 6:30am, surgery was not until 8:30am but it went fast.  I had to wear a catheter for two days which I think was the worst part but so far I am doing ok.  I have had to take just a few pain meds which means I am managing the pain really well.  I have been sleeping a lot which I was told is normal, it takes a lot of energy to get moving.  My stomach muscles feel a little tight too, I'm thinking because I'm trying to heal.  Doc says I can not lift more than a gallon of milk, that's kind of hard cause I forget.  I am just not doing much at all so I don't risk lifting and hurting myself. 

Mom picked me up from the hospital Monday, she was there through the surgery and helped me get settled at home.  I slept most of the afternoon on Monday and then couldn't sleep that night. 

I am glad I had the surgery, I will just be very happy when I no longer have to worry about having an embarrassing moment.  Exercise is so hard these days, so I haven't been able to really focus on weight loss.  I am hoping this surgery will help and I will start to feel better about myself too.  Nothing is worse than being under 40 and feeling like an old lady wearing depends.  Yuck, that is not attractive at all.  My self confidence has really hit a low because of this issue so hopefully I will get back to being me soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment