Thursday, November 10, 2011

Work is the pits

So I thought this blog would be really about my weight loss journey but today work is the pits so I thought I'd write about it.  I like what I do, but I often hate that I have way too much work and not enough time to do things efficiently or to my customers or my own expectations.  I am a Recruiter for a large organization in New Mexico and as I said I love what I do.  What I do not like is the fact that I have too many positions to fill, not enough time to source and hiring managers on my back wondering why they have not had a viable candidate.  This whole situation has caused me to go into emotional eating often.  Why?  Because eating I can control.  I can't control people.
Over ten weeks ago everything was fine.  I didn't mind the work, I knew what I was doing and felt like my work was acceptable.  Now I feel blahhh.  We lost a Recruiter and so two of us picked up her work and with that responsibility there was no training.  Seriously, none.  I can recruit for almost anything but you have to learn an industry or about specific skill sets to be sucessful, we were never given this option.  We were just thrown into it.  No help, no training and others holding us accountable for something we didn't have a clue about.
This has led to a lot of emotional eating, thus adding to my weight gain.  So now that I've been stressed about work, I've been exercising. It feels much better and I don't feel as stressed.  Just really wish I had more time in the day to get things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment