Sunday, November 6, 2011

Eating right is hard

It's hard to eat healthy when there are other members in your household who are not focused on eating healthy.  I am saying this out loud because today was a bit tough.  My SIL, although I love her, does not make the healthiest food.  She knows I've been trying to lose weight and eat healthier but she does not cook healthy and her portions are big.  I told her lately I love her cooking but would prefer to serve myself.  She currently lives with us so I get home made food every day and it's awesome but the kitchen is no longer my domain, it's now hers.  It's been a tough transition but this situation has allowed me to have more time to exercise and focus on my eating. 

I cheated today.  Well kind of, we went to Red Robin for lunch and it was hard to pick something that was healthy but I chose a salad and soup.  I did have a few steak fries cause I love them and didn't want to deny myself the treat.  So I treated myself.  I told myself I would exercise later, which I did.  I went for a 40 minute walk.  It was pretty fast and the dog enjoyed the extra walk today.  So I don't feel so guilty about having the steak fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment