Saturday, November 12, 2011

How do you get your spouse/partner to get fit?

So I had a short conversation with my fiancee this morning about his body. He was watching some snippets of Shaun T on Hip Hop Abs and said that he would like to look like him. I told him he could.  He said I'm fine with my body.  Aren't you?  Yes all, this is a loaded question to which I answered gingerly and said "I am fine with your body but I want you to be healthy."  He was ok with it but I could tell it bugged him a little.  I am far from perfect and he loves my body so I dropped it.  It was safe that way.

Ok so most likely he will not be reading these posts so I'm going to be straight out honest here.  I love him, I love him for all he is as he loves me.  What I do not love is his belly.  He is a plumber by trade and works hard every day but because he works so hard he also eats and drinks quite a bit.  I try my hardest to make healthy foods but his eating habits are horrible.  Most times he will not eat breakfast and will skip lunch then eat at 3pm and then skip dinner cause he is not hungry.  Most of his weight is in his belly.  Ok all of his weight is in his belly.  My last post focused on the fact that "belly fat" is not healthy so how do I get him to work out? He thinks my exercise DVD's are girlie.  I thought about purchasing P90 or P90X for him but would it be worth the investment?

If you have been in this situation please leave a comment and let me know what you did to get your spouse or partner involved in their fitness and nutrition.

No comments:

Post a Comment