Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Stress eating

I have a co worker who I love dearly, seriously love her but hate the fact that she loses weight when she’s stressed.  Why?  Because she says she can’t eat when she’s stressed.  I’m the complete opposite.  Stress makes me want to eat so that I’ll feel better.  It makes all the bad stuff in my life disappear; just for a little while.  I know, that’s not helping my problem it makes it worse.  It makes my waist go away is what it really does.  I seriously wish I could have a get out of jail free card when I’m stressed.  You know like in Monopoly.  I’m already stressed, why do I have to gain weight too?  

Any way, it seems work has been more stressful these days than normal.  I don’t think I’ve shared what I do before so here it goes.  I’m a Recruiter for a large healthcare organization in NM.  If you live here you know what I’m talking about.  Anyway, I have a fairly large workload and most days I’m so busy I can’t even think straight.  Because of this heavy workload and stress I eat more.  Why?  Because it makes me feel better, my coworker says she does not have an appetite so has to force herself to eat?  What?  Really?  That is like saying I have to force myself to breathe.  I don’t get it.  I know to each his own….I’ll leave it at that for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment